Skip to content
- Tucked away in the industrial area of Al Quoz, Alserkal Avenue is a thriving arts district that has transformed old warehouses into vibrant galleries, studios, and creative spaces. Stroll through the vibrant art exhibitions, attend cultural events, and interact with local artists to get a taste of Dubai’s contemporary art scene.
Dubai Heritage Village
- Step back in time at the Dubai Heritage Village, nestled within the Al Shindagha Historic Neighborhood. This living museum showcases traditional Emirati architecture, crafts, and cultural practices. Explore the reconstructed wind towers, watch artisans at work, and learn about Emirati traditions through interactive exhibits.
The Majlis Gallery
- Located in the Al Fahidi Historic District, The Majlis Gallery is a hidden gem that showcases contemporary art and craftsmanship. Housed in a traditional Emirati wind tower house, the gallery offers a serene space to appreciate artworks by local and international artists, often with a focus on Middle Eastern themes.
Sheikh Mohammed Centre for Cultural Understanding (SMCCU)
- Located in the historic Al Fahidi District, the SMCCU offers a unique opportunity to engage with Emirati culture and traditions. Participate in cultural tours, enjoy traditional meals, and engage in open discussions with Emirati hosts to gain a deeper understanding of Dubai’s heritage.
Dubai Coffee Museum
- Delve into the rich history and cultural significance of coffee at the Dubai Coffee Museum. Located in the Al Fahidi Historic District, this quaint museum takes visitors on a journey through the origins of coffee, traditional brewing methods, and the social rituals associated with this beloved beverage.
Saruq Al-Hadid Archaeology Museum
- Discover Dubai’s ancient past at the Saruq Al-Hadid Archaeology Museum, located in the Shindagha area. The museum showcases artifacts and discoveries from the Bronze Age, providing insights into the region’s early civilizations and their material culture.
- Nestled in the Safa Park area, The Archive is a hidden gem for book lovers and history enthusiasts. This library and cultural center houses a vast collection of books, photographs, and documents that offer a glimpse into Dubai’s past. Explore the shelves, read rare publications, and immerse yourself in the fascinating stories of the city’s history.
Al Quoz Arts District
- Beyond Alserkal Avenue, Al Quoz is home to numerous art galleries, design studios, and creative spaces. Take a walk through the district’s industrial charm and discover contemporary art exhibitions, pop-up galleries, and cultural events that showcase Dubai’s burgeoning art scene.
- Engage with Dubai’s vibrant spoken word and poetry community by attending events organized by Dubai Poetics. These gatherings provide a platform for local poets and performers to share their work and express their experiences, offering an intimate insight into the city’s diverse literary scene.
- Situated in the historic Al Fahidi District, XVA Gallery is a boutique hotel and contemporary art gallery that celebrates local and international artists. Explore thought-provoking exhibitions, browse unique art pieces, and enjoy the tranquil courtyard that provides an oasis of calm amidst the bustling streets.